Chicken Pasta Recipes
Lemon Chicken Pasta is one of our regular favourite dishes. This recipe is based on several different versions that we have come across over the years and has been modified to make it much easier to prepare and cook. Some versions recommend much more lemon, some less, but we think that the sweet to sour balance of this version is the best. Do not try adding too much lemon, particularly if they have a thick pith, it can make the dish slightly bitter.
This dish can use several types of pasta, just choose your own favourite short type such as fusili, radiatore or the like. Serve with a light dry Italian red wine such as Chianti Ruffina.
for 4 servings:
1 Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F.
.........if you enjoyed this recipe or have any suggestions send us the idea HERE.
Chicken Cacciatore is a country style pasta dish made with chicken, a rich tomato sauce and onions.
Ingredients for 4 Servings:
450g (1lb) Chicken breasts,
skinless and off the bone
|1 Put the oil in
a large frying pan and heat until very hot.
2. Cut the chicken pieces into bite sized pieces (about 1cm cubes) and then brown the them on all sides.
3. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pan to a plate.
4. Put the bacon, onions and garlic in the pan, turn down the heat and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until the onions have started to soften.
5. Pour in the wine and keep cooking on a high heat for 2 - 3 minutes making sure that the mixture does not stick and scraping up the sediment from the bottom of the pan.
6. Add all the remaining ingredients, seasoning and the sugar, stir and simmer, covered with a lid, for 15 minutes.
7. Uncover and simmer for a further 20 minutes to thicken the sauce.
8. Whilst cooking the chicken, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water for about 11 minutes and then drain.
9. Mix with the sauce and seerve.
|Back to TOP